Các chủ đề trong IELTS Speaking part 2 không có giới hạn nào cả, tuy nhiên, bạn sẽ gặp một số chủ đề thường xuyên được lăp lại hơn các chủ đề khác. Trong đó, nổi bật là các topic
: Mô tả một địa điểm (Describe a place), mô tả một sự kiện (describe an event), mô tả một đồ vật (Describe an object)
Sau đó, bạn sẽ có 1 phút để chuẩn bị cho phần nói này bằng cách bám sát vào nội dung cue card và gợi ý và những ý tưởng của riêng mình cho mỗi chủ đề.
I. Mô tả một địa điểm (Describe a place)
Có nhiều cách để hỏi với mẫu dạng này, ví dụ như:
- Describe a place you have visited.
- Describe a polluted place
- Describe a holiday.
- Describe a place you would like to go
- Describe somewhere you have lived or would like to live.
Những gợi ý cần trả lời khi bạn mô tả về một địa điểm bao gồm:
– Where is it?
– What does it look like?
– How do you get there?
– What’s interesting or unsual about it?
– What’s nice, or not so nice, about it?
Nếu đó là một ngôi nhà, công trình kiến trúc, bạn nên sử dụng các gợi ý sau:
– What other building are around it?
– What is it used for?
– How old is it?
Ví dụ như nếu câu hỏi là “Describe a city” bạn sẽ cần tới những từ vựng và mẫu câu sau:
– Tính từ để miêu tả: it’s exciting, busy, hectic, cosmopolitan, multicultural, unique. It’s historic but modern at the same time, it’s a thriving, prosperous city, it’s fashionable, lively, fun…
– Những điểm không tốt: It is expensive, crowded, stressful, polluted. The underground system is dirty, travel is overpriced and unpleasant. The cost of living is high (shopping, house prices etc.), the locals are always in a hurry and can be unfriendly, there are social problems (like you can find in most big cities).
II. Mô tả một sự kiện.
VD: Describe a recent event that made you happy. You should say:
– when and where it was: my friend’s birthday party, last Saturday evening, we went for a meal in an Italian restaurant.
– who was involved: there were about 10 of us, he invited some close friends and work colleagues, most of them were people I’ve known since university.
– what happened: we met at the restaurant, I gave my friend a present and a birthday card, we ordered some food, while we ate dinner everyone chatted, after the main course the waiter brought out a cake and we sang ‘Happy Birthday’, everyone went home quite late.
– and explain why it made you happy: it was great to get together with old friends, I had some interesting conversations, it was a good opportunity to catch up with what my friends had been up to, it was a nice way to wind down after a hard week at work, the food was delicious, I went home feeling full after a fantastic meal.
III. Mô tả một đồ vật
Một số đề tiêu biểu có thể kể đến như:
– Describe something you bought recently.
– Describe a gift you gave or received.
– Describe something you own which is important to you.
Những điều cần chú ý khi miêu tả một đồ vật:
– What size is it?
– What shape is it?
– What color is it?
– What is it made of?
– What does it look like?
– What’s it used for?
– How does it work?
VD: Describe something you bought recently:
I’m going to describe my mobile phone. I bought it online / in a mobile phone shop / it was a present from…
I use the phone to keep in touch with friends and family, for communication by voice, text and email. It has various featureslike video, MP3 player, wireless Internet, digital camera and games. It’s easy to share photos and music. I use it for almost everything, it even has a calendar that reminds me about appointments.
My phone is an essential part of my life. It holds my contacts, my photos, my music collection. I’ve got instant access to my favourite websites. It’s like having my whole life in my pocket. I couldn’t live without it.
Nguồn: Bí kíp học IELTS cùng JOLO